Day 11 – 9/30/11 Friday

The days are beginning to bleed into each other. Everyday is getting to be the same. I'm still in the cell by myself and the more I observe everyone else, the more I enjoy my solitude. The thought of sharing a cell with someone like Mikai or Lamborghini scares me. I wish there was another Brooklyn here. So far, I haven't found one. All the guys my age are your typical black Upper Darbians. There are the guys hooting and hollering at Springer everyday. These are the guys that are loud and obnoxious during a game of spades. These are the guys that don’t mind dropping the word faggot when talking about Lamborghini.

So one of my fears is being bunked with them. But the solidarity began to kick in so I took a book someone left by the games. It keeps me from sleeping all day. A radio would help. I I had one, I'd probably listen to MPR all day. A radio is 34 bucks. It's nothing special. It's just a clear plastic radio that probably costs 5 dollars on the streets. I'll get it eventually. I have $100 on my books and I came on the block too late to order. We can order Saturday to Monday and get the commissary on Wednesday. This is why I've been writing on the back of random documents. Paper and stamped envelopes are the most important seeing as I haven't been able to contact anyone in over 2 weeks.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

At dinner today, W.M talked about his charges and release.

“Man, I'm supposed to be out in a week.” He said in his thick Baltimore accent. “Ain't no way they keepin' me from my girls.” He had Daddy's little girls tattooed between his 2 daughter's names.
“They out there pumpin' them full of drugs and controlin' they minds. Got them to say I touched them. That's cause they asked them in a room by theyselves. If they saw me today, they would run up to me. Shoot, I love my girls. Ain't nobody gonna keep them away.”

Dad1 and Dad2 (cellmates and the the 2 other guys I eat with [named because they both just look like dads]) just nodded and went back to their fish patties.
“Hey, there's the new guy,” Dad2 said gesturing to a guy that would later be Mikai's new cellmate.
“Yeah I saw him come in this morning,” Dad1 said.
“Hmm, well you're no longer the new guy,” Dad2 said to me.
“Yeah but I still feel like it,” I said.
“Give it 30 days,” Dad1 said, “people come and go so often that no one really pays new people any mind.”
“Well I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.”
“Ha! None of us are,” Dad 2 chuckled.
“Well I know I am.” W.M said strongly. Dad2 just rolled his eyes.